psychotic for Lenten, day 21 (504 hours, 30240 seconds)
So what’ve I learned so far during this year’s Lent?
- It’s simple. I’m a sick bastard (no explanations) and I’m fucking idiot!
- It’s hard. My oldest son scolded me for not taking care of myself (health). I need to lose over eighty pounds (80 lbs). I’m a fucking shmuck!
- It’s evil. I’ve failed as a Christian every second of the past twenty-one (21) days — five hundred and four (504) hours or thirty thousand two hundred and forty (30,240) seconds. I’m a fucking heathen!
- It’s logic. Maybe my attraction to science and the cosmos make me doubt about my so-called faith. I’m a fucking agnostic!
- It’s a lie and I might barely be a heretic. Just look at my ULC Monastery profile trying to sell my books. I feel like a fucking sham!
“born and raised Catholic, now going to a Protestant church;
science fiction & Christian writer (
owner of the Geeks & Nerds group (
In any case this is the Lent devotional for today brought to you by the nice folks at FAPC — if anyone cares.
“37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) 40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. 41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee? 42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was? 43 So there was a division among the people because of him. 44 And some of them would have taken him; but no man laid hands on him. 45 Then came the officers to the chief priests and Pharisees; and they said unto them, Why have ye not brought him? 46 The officers answered, Never man spake like this man. 47 Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived? 48 Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him? 49 But this people who knoweth not the law are cursed. 50 Nicodemus saith unto them, (he that came to Jesus by night, being one of them,) 51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth? 52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.” (John 7:37-52 KJV)
By the way, I’m surprised my friend Reverend Paul Rock of Second Presbyterian Church doesn’t have the church Lent series on PDF or something. Paul, I know you’re doing a great job so I stole your graphic to promote your ministry at this church. We miss you at FAPC. No one talks about sex anymore. When are you coming back as a guest preacher?