the noob interview
If you were to interview me, what’d you ask me about?
- growing up Christian (folk Catholicism, heavily influenced by the devil’s craft); being a Christian; my less-than-humble opinion about the relation between the three Abrahamic religions; my deep interest in other faith systems; my personal conflict with Paganism, agnosticism as well as atheism;
- going back to the Church after straying for 13 years; opting for mainstream Protestanism instead of Catholicism; Bible study ; flawed theology;
- living with mental disorders kept in check with heavy medication every morning and evening; suicide attempts; under-age drinking;
- having a child with numerous medical conditions; hospital stays; fear of my child dying; ignorance in the medical community; inaction of the government and its influence by drug companies;
- advocating for the disabled; criticizing the antiquated/obsolete educational system in the state of NY; not being afraid of going to another court;
- being ordained; my failed ministry; not to mention my failed attempt to learn Esperanto or any other language;
- learning about guitars and other equipment; music (writing, earning a degree as an audio engineer; working in retail including purchasing, dealing with vendors, promotion and operations; tape editing; interning at a radio station, a record label and several recording studios in NYC); not being able to break into the industry after a decade or so (bassist in a rock band, recording studio, etc); how Napster destroyed the music industry;
- returning to computer science and interest in physics as well as other sciences; running a website about operating systems for more than a decade; advocating for open source; complete geekiness;
- being interested in wrestling; writing about various promotions in the US as well as abroad; being offered a job as a promoter;
- writing poetry and prose; my first book — Under the Thelián Sky: Beyond the Great Unknown (ISBN 9781449735920).