end of times: T-9 & alignment of planets, chicken little, falling skies, blue christmas, anointed pagan, etc
Today’s 12/12/12, which sounds like numbers to play the lottery. In any case, according to the Mayan calendar theory/story of the end of times, life on earth merely has nine (9) more days to extinction (the mythical end of it all). One of these theories involves a galactic alignment of our solar system, which could generate enough gravity pull to rip the fabric of space-time like a recycled story in Doctor Who (though I do enjoy recycled themes in Doctor Who). Then again, the sky might really be falling proving me wrong.
MAYAN END-OF-THE-WORLD MYTH, PROVE ME WRONG!
Meanwhile in this reality away from these Chicken Little paranoia, tonight at church, we’d have a Blue Christmas service. Maybe having divided Christmas from Yuletide and commercialism has done me well and I don’t feel the same degree of anxiety, depression and self-hatred as previous years. Perhaps it’s the Pagan in me talking (typing) this, but it could really be the Christian in me. Of course, I might simply be a charlatan.
OH CHRISTOS PAGANUS, I’VE GROWN EVER MORE CYNICAL!
Here’s some related reading if you’re curious (in alphabetical order).
- 2012 phenomenon (Wikipedia)
- 2012 Planetary Alignment (Exploring Life’s Mysteries)
- Beyond 2012: Why the World Won’t End (NASA)
- Dates in December: What’s in a Number? (Science Daily)
- December 21, 2012: End Of Mayan Calendar, Or End Of The World? (Huffington Post)
- Extreme Weather Preceded Collapse of Ancient Maya Civilization (Science Daily)
- Game over: 10 renditions of our post-apocalyptic world (Fox News)
- How the Mayan Calendar Works (HowStuffWorks)
- Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears (Telegraph)
- Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012 (USA Today)
WE’RE A STUPIDLY NAIVE SPECIES!