Sunday series: 11/23/2008 (#10)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11:15am
“33 Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? 34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? 35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? 36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.“ (John 18:33-37 KJV)
“4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.“ (Revelation 1:4-8 KJV)
- Christ the King Sunday — last Sunday of the Christian (liturgical) calendar (in reference to the title of Christ the King)
- Today I came very early, at 10:40, [at] the end of the first service.
- While waiting, I almost fel asleep.
- I felt lots of joy seeing my former classmates receive Baptism and becoming part of the congregation. It was a weird feeling.
- I would have been part of [the reception of new members]. I have a weird feeling of joy.
- I just realized that I’ve been here doing […] special for me alone. No one knows or cares about this. I feel forsaken, yet free of any dependency. I do feel some sorrow since I can’t share this with [my two younger kids].
- Those who are sick or have someone sick look for God in desperation.
- I wasn’t happy with the response [from] CBN when I asked for [spiritual/religious] advice concerning […].
- I still don’t know how FAPC can help me or advice me. After all both […] and I are sick.
- nothing special,
- one of my favorite passages = I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Revelation 1:8 KJV)
- forgot what I was doing that was special for me,
- ommited the name of the person as it’s of no one’s business but my own,
- guess I could say, “Sod off!”