Sunday series: 03/08/2009 (#25)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11:15am
Adult Education: Song of Songs
- Moral of Ought, Ethics
- Better ourselves and others
- Concept of the Other
- the category we see
- in egotistical world — consuming [everything] we want
- when dealing with the other — to behave ethically to the other
- when the other invades our space — feeling uneasy
- eros — desire of the other
“9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 12 And immediately the Spirit driveth him into the wilderness. 13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him. 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.“ (Mark 1:9-15 KJV)
- Second Sunday in Lent
- I feel anxious and keep looking [around] for people I know from the different groups I’m part of [Focus of NEXT, Small Groups, etc).
- I passed out about this point [sermon]. I’m very sleepy. Perhaps it’s the time change.
- what a bad way to start Lent.
- in any case, repent ye, and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15 KJV).