Sunday series: 07/19/2009 (#44)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 10am
“1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.” (Psalm 23 KJV)
“30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. 31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. 32 And they departed into a desert place by ship privately. 33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew him, and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came together unto him. 34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.
53 And when they had passed over, they came into the land of Gennesaret, and drew to the shore. 54 And when they were come out of the ship, straightway they knew him, 55 And ran through that whole region round about, and began to carry about in beds those that were sick, where they heard he was. 56 And whithersoever he entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought him that they might touch if it were but the border of his garment: and as many as touched him were made whole.” (Mark 6:30-34; 53-56 KJV)
- Brought [my youngest son] to the nursery at about 9:05am.
- Met [the Stephen Minister] at about 9:47am.
- Arrived at the sanctuary at this point [Hymn 276: Great Us Thy Faithfulness, before the Call to Confession].
- As I’ve mentioned several times, Psalm 23 is my favorite of the bunch.
- I used to take my youngest to church during the summer schedule (10am) was over.
- I stopped because of the crazy schedule I normally have every Sunday.
- I’ve got to take him to church again, go to Sunday school and make little friends.
- Besides I’d like to see him in the Christmas Pageant in an animal costume.