got a secret?
Wouldn’t it be nice to strip naked in front of strangers, drop our charade and tell each other our naughtiest secrets?
I’M A CLOSET ATHEIST!
How can this be? After all, I
- go to church and help during worship service,
- read the Bible (KJV mainly),
- ask the minister questions about Jesus as well as Heaven and hell,
- participate in various ministries
- and do a little of the whole (Reformed) Christian experience — all the while calling myself the Christian Noob (@ChristianNoob).
Maybe because of my mental illness (bipolar disorder, especially), I can disconnect myself from other components of myself — religion, psyche or any other aspect of my mind and soul. As such, I’ve got doubt about my so-called faith and I voice them as I read material from various heretics like
- my favorite philosopher and critic of Christianity of all time — Friedrich Nietzsche,
- my favorite modern philosopher and comedian — George Carlin (born Catholic, anti-religion routines)
- and today’s poster-boy for reason, science, atheism, humanism and free thinkers — Richard Dawkins.
All the while, I return to my roots and worship the same invisible man in the sky. Needless to say (type), I’m not saying that I don’t believe in God. I only ask myself if God really exists.