Sunday series: 09/06/2009 (#51)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 10am
“8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Exodus 20:8-11 KJV)
“23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? 25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? 26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.“ (Mark 2:23-28 KJV)
- Labor Day Weekend and Service and Celebration of Holy Communion
- As I just told [the Stephen Minister], I feel disconnected. I know I want to be in church, but why am I really here?
- Ten Commandments [regarding Mark 2:23-28]
- Church is still a place of spiritual and mental rest. It’s where I hide every week from [my two youngest boys].
- My boys are a handful especially when they’re on good terms with one another (if not fighting). They love mischief.