Sunday series: 02/07/2010 (#72)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. 23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. 24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? 25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? 26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? 29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.“ (Luke 12:22-31 KJV)
“28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.“ (Matthew 11:28-30 KJV)
- God helps carry our burdens. If we follow Him, our lives will be easier to manage.
- Scott in his sermon [The New York Stress Exchange] made reference to the mother who killed her 8-yr-old autistic son [at] the Peninsula Hotel — across from FAPC.
- The death of this child hits too close to home with [second son] being [sick] and 8 years old.
- I have been using religion and God as a way to [cease] the pain and burden of [my son’s] health.
- twelve years later, still living in pain…