Sunday series: 02/28/2010 (#75)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. 8 And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. 9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead. 10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him. 11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed. 12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.” (Acts 20:7-12 KJV)
- Second Sunday in Lent
- feeling easily distracted [and/or falling asleep, no memory of sermon or anything else],
- sitting in of the front rows on the right side of the sanctuary.
- Marked on the bulletin that on 03/08/2010 the Performing Arts small group would start and immediately joined in.
- This is where I made friends who are in different fields of the arts (except for writing) — some living paycheck to paycheck (flesh-and-bone starving artists).
- I had to drop out to be with my then nine-year-old to avoid what’d later become numerous medical surprises.