Sunday series: 05/09/2010 (#85)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. 32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. 33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. 34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! 35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.“ (Luke 13:31-35 KJV)
- Sixth Sunday of Easter — Mothers Day
- Woke up very tired, couldn’t sleep well.
- Didn’t meet the [Stephen Minister] today.
- Sitting [in] the 7th row to avoid constant distraction.
- Comparison to animals
- me, an eagle or bear
- Christ compared to a lion, “as [an eagle] gathers her children (brood) under her wings”
- Jerusalem being the city where prophets are killed.
- Those last comments feel like a bad acid-like trip.