Sunday series: 06/27/2010 (#92)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 10am
“57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. 58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. 59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. 61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. 62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.“ (Luke 9:57-62 KJV)
- Entered the Sanctuary [during Hymn 446: Glorious Things of Thee are Spoken]
- When lost,, ask for direction.
- Christians do feel lost, confused.
- When we look for guidance, we can look to the Word of God (The Scriptures).
- “Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.”
- I wonder what I felt that morning. Maybe I took good notes because I needed them at the time.
- I’m a lost sheep, a broken and tortured soul. Maybe it’s too late to mend my brokenness.