Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 10am
“4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.” (Jeremiah 1:4-10 KJV)
“10 And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. 14 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day. 15 The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his ass from the stall, and lead him away to watering? 16 And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day? 17 And when he had said these things, all his adversaries were ashamed: and all the people rejoiced for all the glorious things that were done by him.” (Luke 13:10-17 KJV)
- Arrived at 9:30am; no meeting with [the Stephen Minister] since she’s out of town.
- God knows and sanctifies us before we were born. [regarding Jeremiah 1:4-10]
- Jesus healed a woman on the Sabbath [and] unbound her from the handicap she had had for 18 years — the same way people back then unbound their animals for them to be free and eat. Jesus allowed this woman be free from her handicap. [regarding Luke 13:10-17]
- According to my erroneous counting, this Sunday was the one hundredth (100th) or the one hundred and second (102nd). I’ll keep it as the one hundredth (100th) week going to church consecutively, which was a record within itself.
- By the way, Luke 13:10-17 is one of the few passages of exorcism in the Bible. Now I feel like watching The Exorcist (1973).