Sunday series: 10/17/2010 (#108)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Malachi 3:10 KJV)
“1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. 2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased. 3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples. 4 And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh. 5 When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat? 6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do. 7 Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little. 8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him, 9 There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many? 10 And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. 11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would. 12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost. 13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.” (John 6:1-13 KJV)
- Talked to [the Stephen Minister] about
- my father’s three major betrayals,
- also about the pain of my mother wanting to abort me,
- also about the pain of not having my oldest son with [me] and [my second child] being sick.
- giving others or to the church = blessings for the giver [Regarding Malachi 3:10]
- the multiplication of the bread and fish [Regarding John 6:1-13, one of my favorite passages]
- [The Stephen Minister] gave me a photocopy of that day’s devotional. In it, she highlighted
- “prayer is the greater work.”
- “prayer is the working of the miracle of the redemption in me.”
- She’s been great help especially in several dark hours — thanks.