Sunday series: 11/07/2010 (#111)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. 12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. 17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? 18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.“ (Luke 17:11-19 KJV)
- Moving from apartment […] to […] this weekend.
- just arrived at about 10:49am, feeling tired and unfocused, not with all [my] faculties.
- doing audio – no […], no […]
- making myself useful during service
- teaching […] about the console
- trying to focus while reciting, result NILL! [regarding Prayer of Confession]
- missed the song based on Come [All] Ye Faithful]
- [my mind just] wandered off
- Jesus cleaned the 10 lepers. One leper (a foreigner) returned and thanked Jesus. [He then] told the former leper that his faith had saved and healed him. [Luke 17:11-19]
- thanks =
- good manners
- need to express gratitude
- when person understands that what is received is owed to us
- what the person deserves it
- Life is a gift = gift of faith is to thank — and makes us free
- “He descended into hell
The third day he arose again from the dead
He ascended into heaven” [underlined from the Apostles’ Creed]
- catholic (small c) = universal
- Pastor: “Feed at your feast.”
Congregants: “Gather us in.” [regarding Sacrament of Holy Communion and Act of Commitment]
- men & women = stewards of creation
- left right after service in order to continue moving [from one apartment to another on the same floor, in the same building]
- It’s getting harder to type all this. I use a skeleton code and, when I try to enter in new information, my hands shake to the point where I’ve got to try several times or concentrate much more than usual not to mess up.
- Little did I know that I’d practically push everyone away from the console and hold it as my own. I’ve done sound ever since.
- Luke 17:11-19 shows how ungrateful mankind is — such a pitiful species.