Sunday series: 01/16/2011 (#121)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:35-36 KJV)
- John the Baptist pointing out who Jesus was. Then Jesus was followed by several, some of whom became [his] disciples.
- The Church changes about every 500 years. The last change was Protestanism, started in 1517.
- The next change is seen as happening right now as many denominations are losing congregations.
- Many people identify themselves as Christians, but not from any specific denomination and/or not going to any church.
- Needless to say, many people simply refer themselves as spirituals.
- Of course, a smaller number reject religion as a whole.