Sunday series: 05/15/2011 (#137)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 11am
“21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. 22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. 23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. 24 But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.” (Amos 5:21-24 KJV)
“37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” (Acts 2:37-47 KJV)
- Fourth Sunday of Easter
- As per […], the audio problem was solved — EQ issue. The room (Sanctuary) was shot (pink noise). Sound does [feel] better. Microphones will be changed too.
- [Former FAPC Pastor] Paul Rock in the building!
- Taping of the service for promotional purposes.
- Take away all the rites and songs [Amos 5:21-24].
- Repent & get the Holy Spirit [Acts 2:37-47].
- Church — community of believers who gather for fellowship and worship; discipline.
- Not Church — festival for the sake of festival.
- Good Christian — all are good by the sacrifice of Jesus, yet we need to come to church as discipline, going to church to worship and for gratitude.
- I’m finally working on the Sunday Series once again. It’s a lot of work, but hopefully It’d worth all the effort.