Sunday series: 09/04/2011 (#153)
Where: Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church at 10am
“7 In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow. 8 Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned my sabbaths. 9 In thee are men that carry tales to shed blood: and in thee they eat upon the mountains: in the midst of thee they commit lewdness.” (Ezekiel 22:7-9 KJV)
“15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. 21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.“ (Matthew 18:15-22 KJV)
- Hard hymn to follow, completely off-tempo [regarding Hymn 482, Praise Ye, the Lord, the Almighty]
- Feeling empty spiritually. Maybe because of the book I’m writing — [so heretic]!
- When offended, we should talk to the offender. This would bring peace or rather lose the person completely. The whole purpose is to look for peace. [regarding Sermon The Church’s Spiritual Power & Matthew 18:15-22]
- Missing one Sunday of Church makes the body, the mind, the psyche or the lazy bastard within think twice about returning.
- Perhaps this is where lingering agnosticism or, worse yet, atheism (those closet feelings and beliefs) kick in.
- I’ve missed a handful of days for various emergencies and it takes so much to return the very next Sunday — what a cowardly sham that I’ve become.